- SQLITE REQUIREMENTS
- To use SQLite with your Drupal installation, the following requirements must be
- met: Server has PHP 5.2 or later with PDO, and the PDO SQLite driver must be
- SQLITE DATABASE CREATION
- The Drupal installer will create the SQLite database for you. The only
- requirement is that the installer must have write permissions to the directory
- where the database file resides. This directory (not just the database file) also
- has to remain writeable by the web server going forward for SQLite to continue to
- be able to operate.
- On the "Database configuration" form in the "Database file" field, you must
- supply the exact path to where you wish your database file to reside. It is
- strongly suggested that you choose a path that is outside of the webroot, yet
- ensure that the directory is writeable by the web server.
- If you must place your database file in your webroot, you could try using the
- following in your "Database file" field:
- Note: The .ht in the name will tell Apache to prevent the database from being
- downloaded. Please check that the file is, indeed, protected by your webserver.
- If not, please consult the documentation of your webserver on how to protect a
- file from downloading.